More Than Web Site Hits
Why is the Cross of Christ necessary?
1. In the garden, when Adam and Eve sinned, the fundamental nature of man changed. That is the point where free will was established. The original sin of the garden, broke man's will away from God's will. A will that is free, is separate from the will of God. A free will is not necessarily evil, though without God, there is no control to stop a will from going from bad to worse. Our free/self will has been called our sin nature.
2. When man was in harmony with God, he was essentially
an animal. Man lived in non-destructive harmony with the clean and ordered
way of nature. Before the fall, man walked with God in the garden - man
lived in harmony with nature.
3. Eating the apple of the knowledge of good and evil,
man's will broke away from the natural order of the Universe. The original
sin changed us from animal to man.
4. The apple was taken from the tree without love - without
5. The Way of the Lord is to live in harmony with ones
neighbor and the Universe.
6. The law of Moses attempted to get people to live in
harmony with nature by a written law of do's and don'ts. Because of man's
self will, he would not conform to the Way of the Lord.
7. The cross of Christ brings man to a knowledge that
his life is not in harmony with the Way of the Universe. Humbles a man
to understand that he is just, after all, an animal. Not god at all.
8. The crucified Christ kills the proud, selfish, god-man.
Wisdom and knowledge without compassion is evil. The beast is a man with
wisdom and knowledge, but no fear of God. This is the devil and the anti-Christ.
9. Christ is the apple. Our sin took it down from the
tree, in order to get back in harmony with God, the sin - in the form of
Christ, was put back on the tree. If the sin is not put back on the tree,
a man remains in a disharmonious state with God, and will die in his sin.
10. Man without God, attempts to bring man into harmony
with nature by the force of his self/free will. The ultimate solution they
unerringly come to is to kill man. Through abortion, euthanasia, promoting
unnatural life styles, and stalling medical research. All of these things
are hateful. They create destruction. Man without God is a cold blooded
11. They do not understand, THE MAN was killed on the
cross. The crucified Christ gives the answer/salvation to man's problems
- kill the self/free will, and obey God - which is:
[John 15:12] "This is my commandment, that you love one
another as I have loved you.