More Than Web Site Hits
Facts About the Protestant Reformation
I apologize for the harsh tone of this page. But you only have to talk for a short time with a Fundamentalist, Evangelical, or Protestant Christian to awaken the harshest of conversations, to awaken the "learned" hatred some of these people hold in their hearts for the Catholic Church.
I do not hate protestants. I DO strongly disagree with the OPINIONS protestants hold against the Catholic Church.
Reasons why I cannot accept the Protestant interpretation of scripture:
Unity in hate?
- The ONLY point of unity of the Protestant churches is in their hatred of the Catholic Church. Unity in hate?
- If I accept your interpretation of scripture, why shouldn't
I accept ALL the other Protestant interpretations of scripture
- each one as committed and fanatical about the validity of their
interpretation as you. There is ONE bible. If the Protestant
interpretation of scripture is true, then they all should be able
to speak with ONE voice. I have experienced a room full of people
who call themselves Christians but belong to different denominations.
They differ on pretty much EVERY point of doctrine. Because there
is NO unity of Protestant doctrine, I cannot accept one individual
interpretation of scripture. The reason why there are so many
different Protestant churches is: arguments over doctrine. Protestant
churches split because of bitter disputes about doctrine - not love.
The 1980 Encyclopedia of Religion lists 7,889
Protestant denominations in 212 countries.
- The assumption of Divine Authority in doctrine and the interpretation of scripture. By doing this, you make yourself out to be a pope. You assume your interpretation is INFALLIBLE. I cannot accept that. You are just a man like me - a sinner. Only ONE Church has the right and Divine Apostolic Authority documented and verified historically to claim INFALLIBLE interpretation of scripture and Christian doctrine - the Catholic Church.
- How could Luther, Calvin, and the other Protestant Reformers have been SAVED? None of them BELIEVED in FREEDOM. Luther wrote books, argued, and preached AGAINST the REALITY of FREEDOM. This is the point on which Protestant theology FALLS:
JESUS = SALVATION = FREEDOM
The Denominations which preach: "You are SAVED by faith in Christ" - but DENY the reality of FREEDOM are the synagogue of Satan. They are deceived and deceiving those who go to their churches.
did not understand indulgences.
So, from the beginning, the Protestant Reformation is based on error.
Instead of patiently researching indulgences, going on his misunderstanding
of indulgences - M. Luther formulated the 95 thesis which he tacked to
the Castle Church door in Wittenburg.
These 95 thesis were carefully examined by professors of theology and universities
of that time and found to be unsound, full of contradictions, obscurities,
and a decided lack of precision.
The immediate results of M. Luther's philosophy was the Peasant War - which
caused the death of over 150,000 peasants.
The foul language that M. Luther heaped on ANYBODY who did not agree with
his philosophy would make a sailor cringe and blush. Along with this, he bragged about how much and how often he liked to get drunk.
[Luke 6:45.11] The good man out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil man out of his evil treasure produces evil; for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.
[Mat 12:37] for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
[Luke 12:45] But if that servant says to himself, `My master is delayed in coming,'
and begins to beat the menservants and the maidservants, and to eat and drink
and get drunk,
[Luke 12:46] the master of that servant will come on a day when he does not
expect him and at an hour he does not know, and will punish him, and put him
with the unfaithful.
Driven by his hatred and envy of the Pope and the Catholic Church he published
several foul books and pamphlets. Wider das Papstum vom Teuffel gestifft is demonic in its pictures and language. Hans Wurst in vileness of language and bitterness of hate this book has no equal. The name of the devil is repeated 146 times in this small book.
If ANYONE disagreed with his interpretation of Christianity M. Luther was
all for persecuting them, torturing them, and killing them.
M. Luther was an opportunist. When the common people were against him,
he would romance the princes and kings. When authority was against him,
he would encourage the people to revolt and kill the kings and princes.
M. Luther, Calvin, Zwingli, and the other protestant reformers hated each
other with a vengeance. Each made themselves out to be a kind of error
free pope. Each was for the persecution, torture, and the killing of ANYBODY
who did not hold to their interpretation of Christianity.
Zwingli using the humanistic rationalism of Erasmus simply extended Luther's
"faith only" to its illogical conclusion: if salvation is by "faith only" it excludes
even faith gained by reading the Bible.
In light of this fact and the numbers of people killed in the Peasant War,
Protestants have to really stop and think before they start yelling - the
Inquisition! the Inquisition!. During the Inquisition,
the Catholic Church carefully examined and judged people accused of heresy.
If a person was found guilty, they were excommunicated and put out of the
Church. The Catholic Church had detailed orders NOT to torture or kill
a heretic. After being found a heretic, the mob and civil authorities would
grab these poor individuals and THEY would harm the heretic - NOT
the Catholic Church.
M. Luther's philosophy viewed freedom as nothing (De servo arbitrio - On the Enslaved Will). He and the other protestant
reformers believed in a twisted interpretation of scripture which does
not allow for free will or choice.
[2Cor 3:17.10] Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is FREEDOM.
[John 8:36] So if the Son makes you FREE, you will be FREE INDEED.
[1Pet 2:16.9] Live as free men, yet without using your freedom as a pretext for evil; but live as servants of God.
The Protestant Reformers set up and were for State run Churches. The head
of the State Church was the King or Queen of that country. This made the
King head of the church. Anybody who did not obey the King or Queen was
tortured, imprisoned, and/or killed as a heretic. Consequently, a Calvinist
would be persecuted by a Lutheran, a Zwingliite would be persecuted by
a Calvinist, and vice-or-versa.
Because freedom was not true to the Protestant Reformers, it ceased to
exist in the countries that embraced the philosophies of M. Luther. Because
of religious persecution, many people left Europe for America. That is
why it is U.S. policy to keep the church separate from the state. Anywhere
the two become one, freedom is destroyed. This stands in stark contrast
to scripture which says: Jesus is the truth, and the truth will set you
M. Luther was outspoken and detailed in his hatred for the Jews (The Jews and Their Lies). He was
all for their extermination. This is a puzzling thing because: Jesus is
a Jew, His family and country was Jewish, throughout the gospels Jesus
is announced as the King of the Jews, scripture says: those who bless Israel
will be blessed, those who curse Israel will be cursed, and according to
scripture - Christians are essentially adopted Jews.
M. Luther plagiarized previous German translations of the bible. He deliberately
mis-translated the bible, added words, and left out books that did not
agree with his philosophies. M. Luther showed his lack of bible knowledge
by declaring his discovery of the bible in a library in Germany. Prior to M. Luther there
were numerous copies of the bible available to the public in German and
Latin (which was THE common language for reading and writing at that time). The German bible he plagiarized is an example of a
version published prior to his life time.
King Henry VIII, basically sold his soul and the souls of millions of British
people to get a son. Because the Catholic Church would not give him a divorce,
he broke Britain away from the Catholic Church. As leader of the English
Reformation he had all of the Catholic clergy executed when they did not
convert to the Church of England.
- "The Protestant Inquisition ("Reformation" Intolerance and Persecution)" - more details and quotes by the Reformers themselves confirming everything written on this web page.
- The fathers of the Protestant Reformation - Luther, Calvin, Zwingli, and King Henry VIII - were mean and nasty people. No love is evident in their lives. No grace can be seen.
- The Protestant Reformers were 'blocked' from believing and understanding free will because they themselves were slaves of their sins and passions. M. Luther BOASTED of his lack of self-control.
[Rom 8:13] for if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death
the deeds of the body you will live.
[Rom 8:14] For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.
- Christ inside of your heart is the reality of true freedom. Jesus Christ is freedom in the flesh (John 8:36).
- If a person does not believe in freedom, how could they truly believe in Christ who is freedom?
- M. Luther had no REAL FAITH because he purposely ignored love and directed his disciples not to follow the 10 Commandments (according to Romans 13:9,10 the Decalogue - Exodus 20 is love), and M. Luther denied the reality of freedom. God is love (1 John 4:8) and Jesus is freedom (John 3:36).
- Because the Protestant Reformation is based for the most part on greed, sex, and violence, and not on truth, love, grace and the fruits of the Spirit, I do not put any faith or confidence in the philosophy and teachings of Luther, Calvin, or Zwingli.
- After analyzing the historical record in regard to the leading fathers of the Protestant Reformation, it becomes VERY clear the inspiration they received was of a demonic and devilish nature.
- For over 400 years now we can see the fruit of the Protestant Reformation. If the seeds planted were good seed, we would see good trees, and vice-a-versa. The plants that grew are fragmented, bitter to other plants that grew from the same seed, intolerant, and dying (according to a recent letter from James Dobson of Focus on the Family, more than 4000 churches are closing each year).
- The Catholic Church has over 1 billion people in her congregation. She shows no sign of dying any time soon. There still remains a Pope as in ages past. She promotes health, tolerance, free will, and a dedicated desire to unify the Body of Christ. This old tree continues to grow good fruit.
- The Catholic Church is and remains the true Church of Christ Jesus.
Granted: it is common knowledge that people are sinners. The congregation of the Catholic Church is not immune to this. Popes, Cardinals, Priests, and others in authority have in the past and do now abuse the name of Christ. The difference is - and it is very important for you to understand this - the doctrines of the Catholic Church existed hundreds of years before these people were ever born. And in violation of these doctrines they sin. They have not invented anything new, but have passed on scripture and tradition learned from the past.
In order to fully understand scripture, a person must be of the proper frame of mind and heart - otherwise, they will not understand it and will invariably get the wrong message. The Protestant Reformers were of entirely the wrong frame of mind and heart to interpret scripture correctly, and out of admittedly depraved hearts and minds they invented a new gospel.
[John 13:35.15] By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you have
love for one another."
[Gal 5:22.6] But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,
[Gal 5:23] gentleness, self-control; against such there is no law.
[1John 4:20] If any one says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for
he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he
has not seen.
Most of these facts are presented in the book "The Facts About Luther"
distributed and available through TAN
Books and Amazon
All Glory and Honor are yours Almighty One, forever and ever, Amen!